The Opportunity Appalachia Investor Convening is designed to link portfolio projects to potential investors. Pre-vetted national Impact investors and Opportunity Funds (QOFs) with compatible interests will be invited to attend, as will local OZ investors in target communities, federal and state grant makers, lenders (banks and CDFIs), and New Markets Tax Credit funds. The event will include pitches from investment-ready OZ communities. Features include:
- Investment Pitches from 16 participating Opportunity Appalachia communities / project sponsors seeking over $235M in financing for downtown development, rural communities, and operating businesses.
- Web Platform hosting project prospectus on a curated platform to support investor review pre-event.
- Investor Education Panel with national OZ expert attorneys and accountants.
- Investor Panels featuring OZ investors, CDFIs, New Markets Tax Credit investors, as well as federal and state grant makers.
- Private virtual ‘rooms’ for investor meetings; cocktail hour!
- Community Panel and discussion on ‘What We’ve Learned’.
- Leading national sponsors — including banks, federal agencies and regulators, philanthropy, and others.
- Participation with Federal Reserve Bank – Investment Connection